Monday, January 5, 2015

Excerpts from my China Journal - Nov. 13, 2014

A better day.  I took the kids to a park that had carnival rides, but unfortunately, we found out after a rather long hike to get there, the carnival rides were being dismantled.  We instead went to a crowded baby play area where Yang was able to play a little, but I was surprised at how much encouragement she needed to do so!  We left after awhile as I wanted to go either back to the apartment or somewhere else.  Yang didn't want to go, or she sure lagged behind, and complained about carrying her jacket.  Yes, she ended up having a meltdown, but it wasn't as bad as before.  No blood-curling screams, and it didn't last as long.  I ended up carrying her heavy self to a spot off of the path to calm myself (my BP had to have been through the roof!) and let her settle down, too.  Interestingly enough, she soon cried, "Mama!  "Mama!!  MAMA!!!" and clung to me.  Not knowing if this was a ploy to get me back on her good side (she's SO smart!) or if it really was an emotional tie she was trying to make, I decided to err on the safe side and accepted her beg for love and affection.  After that, it was simple whining and pouting the rest of the afternoon!

Camera shy.  :o(

Playing at the baby park.

How cute is she??

Bored out of her mind at a playground designed for toddlers.



I decided that since we were already out and about, we'd go to Shamian Island and see if I could find Lucy's Bar and see if I could see any souvenir shops that looked good.

We took an uneventful taxi ride and found Lucy's easily enough.  What an oasis!!  American decor, American menu, American food!!!  The food was just mediocre, but to me it was gourmet!  The girls found Chinese food to eat, which made them happy.  I even spotted 2 American adoptive families and one looked familiar (from Facebook) so I introduced myself!  This was the FIRST conversation in over 2 weeks that I've had with an American!!  What fun!!  :oD  The girls were clearly bored to tears, not being able to understand anything said, and it made me sad, thinking of how hard moving to America is going to be to them.  :o(

   
Happy sigh.

Until you've lived it, you just can't understand...

One of my very favorite pictures of HuiYang/Violet.

Evidence that I'm not lying to you.  I was drunk with happiness when I first sat down and saw this placement.  It's amazing how such a little thing as familiar food can affect you.



I did find some tourist shops, and almost bought several things, but didn't bring enough cash so I'll have to go back.  No worries!  I want another cheeseburger and fries!!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment